Sunday, February 20, 2011

New Titles

one of the major reasons that I started this blog was that I really felt there should be a resource for people to go to find titles of food literature.  Having been a food lit reader for years I was always having to search all around the Internet and Amazon, and once I had read all the really popular titles I really had to dig to find new ones.  In the last few years the genre has taken off adding lots of new titles and yet there still was no place to go and find them.  So, I took on the project, knowing full well how never ending it would be. 

I happen to enjoy searching around looking for new books, and the fact that I work in a bookstore and the public library I am in a very advantageous position to hear about new titles.  The piles of sticky notes and random scraps of paper around my house attest to the fact that I am always finding new titles!  Today I finally sat down and added a bunch of new titles to the Fiction, Memoir, Mystery and the newly renamed history/politics list, and I added a whole new list of food movies!!  There are still plenty more titles, and I will continue adding them as well as searching for ones that I have not found yet.  I hope if you all come across titles that I don't have on my lists you will pass them on to me, I can always use the help.  Anyway, I hope you enjoy poking around and checking out the new titles, and if you are anything like me you will be stocking up your Netflix que with some new movies!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't see The Sharper Your Knife, the Less You Cry: Love, Laughter, and Tears at the World's Most Famous Cooking School by Kathleen Flinn in your list of Memoirs. I really they way she used language and told a story while making the food come alive on the page. I hope you will too.

    p.s. You like my attempt to italicize the title? We'll see if it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mikaela Cowles The Sharper Your Knife, is up there though I was missing the subtitle so thanks for catching that. I enjoyed that one as well! Thanks for reading and let me know any other titles you are enjoying.

    ReplyDelete